Engraving Team members create signage for SDBG including, but not limited to, name badges for employees and volunteers, mailbox tags, desk and door name plates, plant identification signs and sculpture signs.
- Engrave required signs using the engraving machine and computer. (Generally, name tags are generated on the Monday before the monthly Wednesday Volunteer meeting.)
- Advise SDBG staff, Docent and Volunteer representatives of upcoming scheduled engraving dates, soliciting engraving requests.
- Operate plastic cutting equipment.
- Order supplies, as needed.
- Update procedures as changes to the process, timing, and/or equipment occur.
- Solid working knowledge of standard computer applications including Excel, and comfortable learning new software applications
- Highly organized and able to meet deadlines
- Detail oriented
- Mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity required to operate the engraving machine
- Ability to work effectively in the high noise environment created by engraving equipment
Generally, 5 to 7 hours per month except May and June when production of sculpture signs requires approximately 20 hours per month
Preferably, 2 to 3 years, as the learning curve is significant
Adequate backup of 2 or 3 trained volunteers at all times strongly advised
Revision Date: 03/23/2018
Click here for a printable version