CALLING ALL GARDEN
BEAUTIFICATION VOLUNTEERS for
SAN DIEGO BOTANIC GARDEN:-
Calling all volunteer gardeners!
I. Garden dates for Saturdays in December 2016
All dates are from 9 a.m. to noon
Saturday, December 3: Bamboo Garden, with Mary Cozza.
Saturday, December 10: Subtropical Fruit Garden, with June Andersen
Saturday, December 17: Gardening with staff Jeremy Bugarchich (J.B.), location to be determined.Note: To garden with our wonderful staff member J.B., you must be there no later than 9:00, so he can do orientation with everyone all at once. If you are new to garden beautification, and arrive late, we will recommend you come on a different Saturday.
Saturday, December 24: No gardening, celebrate the holidays
Saturday, December 31: Gardening with staff Jeremy Bugarchich (J.B.), location to be determined. Note: To garden with our wonderful staff member J.B., you must be there no later than 9:00, so he can do orientation with everyone all at once. If you are new to garden beautification, and arrive late, we will recommend you come on a different Saturday.
Remember that team captains are present to supervise volunteer gardeners most Wednesday mornings in many locations, usually beginning at 9 a.m. Some are also present Wednesday afternoons. These dates will also be posted on the SDBG docent/volunteer website at www.qbgdocents.org , in the Admissions/Welcome Center booth, and at the Visitors Center. If at any time you are unsure about where gardening is taking place, please inquire at the Admissions/Welcome Center booth.
III. Roster of Current Team Captains
- Australian Garden: Robert Kopfstein, email@example.com
- Bamboo Garden: Barry Martin, firstname.lastname@example.org Mary Cozza, email@example.com
- California Natives (CA Gardenscapes): Kay Worley, firstname.lastname@example.org Amy Freeman, email@example.com
- Hamilton Children’s Garden: Charlie Garren, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Herb Garden: Faith Meakin, email@example.com, Kathy Anderson,firstname.lastname@example.org
- Incredible Edibles: Greg Hunter,email@example.com
- Larabee Beds: Sally Sandler, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lawn Garden: Dianna Burke, email@example.com
- Lawn House Garden: Sally Sandler, firstname.lastname@example.org and Deirdre Swansen, email@example.com
- Mediterranean Garden: Linda Stewart, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mexican Garden: Shari Harrold, email@example.com, Barb Osthaus, firstname.lastname@example.org, and Karen May, email@example.com
- New World Desert Garden and Old World Desert Garden: Peter Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org, Sally Willis, email@example.com, and Will Willis, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Overlook Succulent Garden: Harriet Halpern, email@example.com, Sharon Metz, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Seeds of Wonder: Sally Sandler, email@example.com
- South African Garden: Susan Starr, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subtropical Fruit Garden: June Andersen, 760-729-3501
- Succulent Demonstration Garden: To be determined
- Topiaries: Margaret Jones, email@example.com, and Linda Wagner, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Undersea Succulent Garden: Margaret Jones, email@example.com and Pam Jara, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Walled Garden: Susan Kartzke, email@example.com
(New World and Old World Desert Gardens have been combined in leadership; Permaculture has been removed from the list.)
Beauty mailing list
Garden Beautification in Progress 3/31/2012