CALLING ALL GARDEN
BEAUTIFICATION VOLUNTEERS for
SAN DIEGO BOTANIC GARDEN:-
Calling all volunteer gardeners!
I. Garden dates for Saturdays in January 2017
All dates are from 9 a.m. to noon
Saturday, January 7: Bamboo Garden, with Mary Cozza.
Saturday, January 14: Subtropical Fruit Garden, with June Andersen
Saturday, January 21: Gardening with staff gardener Lance Boyden, email@example.com, location to be determined, find out at the Admissions Booth when you arrive.Saturday,
December 17: Gardening with staff Jeremy Bugarchich (J.B.), location to be determined.Note: To garden with our wonderful staff members, you must be there no later than 9:00, so they can do orientation with everyone all at once. If you are new to garden beautification, and arrive late, we will recommend you come on a different Saturday.
Saturday, January 28: California Natives (CA Gardenscapes), with Kay Worley and Amy Freeman
Remember that team captains are present to supervise volunteer gardeners most Wednesday mornings in many locations, usually beginning at 9 a.m. Some are also present Wednesday afternoons. These dates will also be posted on the SDBG docent/volunteer website at www.qbgdocents.org , in the Admissions/Welcome Center booth, and at the Visitors Center. If at any time you are unsure about where gardening is taking place, please inquire at the Admissions/Welcome Center booth.
III. Roster of Current Team Captains
- Australian Garden: Robert Kopfstein, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bamboo Garden: Barry Martin, email@example.com Mary Cozza, firstname.lastname@example.org
- California Natives (CA Gardenscapes): Kay Worley, email@example.com Amy Freeman, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hamilton Children’s Garden: Charlie Garren, email@example.com
- Herb Garden: Faith Meakin, firstname.lastname@example.org, Kathy Anderson,email@example.com
- Incredible Edibles: Greg Hunter,firstname.lastname@example.org
- Larabee Beds: Sally Sandler, email@example.com
- Lawn Garden: Dianna Burke, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lawn House Garden: Sally Sandler, email@example.com and Deirdre Swansen, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mediterranean Garden: Linda Stewart, email@example.com
- Mexican Garden: Shari Harrold, firstname.lastname@example.org, Barb Osthaus, email@example.com, and Karen May, firstname.lastname@example.org
- New World Desert Garden and Old World Desert Garden: Peter Jones, email@example.com, Sally Willis, firstname.lastname@example.org, and Will Willis, email@example.com.
- Overlook Succulent Garden: Harriet Halpern, firstname.lastname@example.org, Sharon Metz, email@example.com
- Seeds of Wonder: Sally Sandler, firstname.lastname@example.org
- South African Garden: Susan Starr, email@example.com
- Subtropical Fruit Garden: June Andersen, 760-729-3501
- Succulent Demonstration Garden: To be determined
- Topiaries: Margaret Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org, and Linda Wagner, email@example.com
- Undersea Succulent Garden: Margaret Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org and Pam Jara, email@example.com
- Walled Garden: Susan Kartzke, firstname.lastname@example.org
(New World and Old World Desert Gardens have been combined in leadership; Permaculture has been removed from the list.)
Beauty mailing list
Garden Beautification in Progress 3/31/2012