CALLING ALL GARDEN
BEAUTIFICATION VOLUNTEERS for
SAN DIEGO BOTANIC GARDEN:-
Calling all volunteer gardeners!
And just in case that’s not your style, please enjoy gardening under the cork oaks in the Mediterranean Garden. We need extra hands from now through October. Contact Team Captain Linda Stewart, or staff member Liz Rozycki to find out how you can help.
I. Garden dates for Saturdays in September 2016
All dates are from 9 a.m. to noon
Saturday, September 3: Bamboo Garden, with Barry Martin and Mary Cozza. Saturday, September 10: No team gardening today, everyone will be working on the Gala.
Saturday, September 17: Seeds of Wonder Garden, Sally Sandler. Bamboo people needed at this event, please.
Saturday, September 24: Peter Jones in charge, location to be announced.
Remember that team captains are present to supervise volunteer gardeners most Wednesday mornings in many locations, usually beginning at 9 a.m. Some are also present Wednesday afternoons. These dates will also be posted on the SDBG docent/volunteer website at www.qbgdocents.org , in the Admissions/Welcome Center booth, and at the Visitors Center. If at any time you are unsure about where gardening is taking place, please inquire at the Admissions/Welcome Center booth.
III. Roster of Current Team Captains
- Australian Garden: Robert Kopfstein, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bamboo Garden: Barry Martin, email@example.com Mary Cozza, firstname.lastname@example.org
- California Natives (CA Gardenscapes): Kay Worley, email@example.com Amy Freeman, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hamilton Children’s Garden: Charlie Garren, email@example.com
- Herb Garden: Faith Meakin, firstname.lastname@example.org, Kathy Anderson,email@example.com
- Incredible Edibles: Greg Hunter,firstname.lastname@example.org
- Larabee Beds: Sally Sandler, email@example.com
- Lawn Garden: Dianna Burke, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lawn House Garden: Sally Sandler, email@example.com and Deirdre Swansen, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mediterranean Garden: Linda Stewart, email@example.com
- Mexican Garden: Shari Harrold, firstname.lastname@example.org, Barb Osthaus, email@example.com, and Karen May, firstname.lastname@example.org
- New World Desert Garden and Old World Desert Garden: Peter Jones, email@example.com, Sally Willis, firstname.lastname@example.org, and Will Willis, email@example.com.
- Overlook Succulent Garden: Harriet Halpern, firstname.lastname@example.org, Sharon Metz, email@example.com
- Seeds of Wonder: Sally Sandler, firstname.lastname@example.org
- South African Garden: Susan Starr, email@example.com
- Subtropical Fruit Garden: June Andersen, 760-729-3501
- Succulent Demonstration Garden: To be determined
- Topiaries: Margaret Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org, and Linda Wagner, email@example.com
- Undersea Succulent Garden: Margaret Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org and Pam Jara, email@example.com
- Walled Garden: Susan Kartzke, firstname.lastname@example.org
(New World and Old World Desert Gardens have been combined in leadership; Permaculture has been removed from the list.)
Beauty mailing list
Garden Beautification in Progress 3/31/2012