CALLING ALL GARDEN
BEAUTIFICATION VOLUNTEERS for SAN
DIEGO BOTANIC GARDEN:-
Garden enthusiasts, we ARE lucky enough to have a gardening party this coming Saturday, January 3, thanks to Peter Jones, who will be leading the work in the Hamilton Children’s Garden. Please join Peter and your other Garden friends bringing in the new year with this important and fun opportunity!
I. Revised Garden dates for Saturdays in November – December 2015
All dates are from 9 a.m. to noon
Saturday, November 28: Thanksgiving Weekend/no organized gardening. (If, however, one of the team captains wants to schedule on this date, it is up to him or her.)
Saturday, December 5: Bamboo Garden, with Barry Martin and Rick Traficant
Saturday, December 12: Subtropical Fruit Garden, with June Andersen
Saturday, Decemer 19: CA Gardenscapes, with Shari Harrold and Kay Worley
Saturday, December 26: Day after Christmas, let’s all enjoy that and take a rest!
** Hey folks! We really, really need help with the Seeds of wonder AND Incredible Edibles/Vegetable Gardens!!! Anyone interested please respond to Peter Jones for guidance on how to get started.
Remember that team captains are present to supervise volunteer gardeners most Wednesday mornings in many locations, usually beginning at 9 a.m. Some are also present Wednesday afternoons. These dates will also be posted on the SDBG docent/volunteer website at www.qbgdocents.org , in the Admissions/Welcome Center booth, and at the Visitors Center. If at any time you are unsure about where gardening is taking place, please inquire at the Admissions/Welcome Center booth.
III. Roster of Current Team Captains
- Australian Garden: Robert Kopfstein, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bamboo Garden: Barry Martin, email@example.com and Rick Traficant, firstname.lastname@example.org
- California Natives (CA Gardenscapes): Shari Harrold, email@example.com and Kay Worley, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hamilton Children’s Garden: Charlie Garren, email@example.com
- Herb Garden: Faith Meakin, firstname.lastname@example.org, Kathy Anderson, email@example.com
- Incredible Edibles: To be determined
- Larabee Beds: Sally Sandler, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lawn Garden: Dianna Burke, email@example.com
- Lawn House Garden: Sally Sandler, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mediterranean Garden: Linda Stewart, email@example.com
- Mexican Garden: To be determined
- New World Desert Garden: Bill Searles, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Overlook Succulent Garden: Marilyn Nelson, email@example.com
- Old World Desert Garden: Peter Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Permaculture Garden: Joie Reavis,email@example.com, and Ruth Eustance, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Seeds of Wonder: Lynne McCall, email@example.com
- South African Garden: Susan Starr, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subtropical Fruit Garden: June Andersen, 760-729-3501
- Succulent Demonstration Garden: Fran Hinostro, email@example.com, (on Thursdays,1:30 p.m.)
- Topiaries: Margaret Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org, Marsha Rafter, email@example.com, and Linda Wagner, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Undersea Succulent Garden: Margaret Jones, email@example.com and Pam Jara, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Walled Garden: Susan Kartzke, email@example.com
Beauty mailing list
Garden Beautification in Progress 3/31/2012